7635papa

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Day 6


Day 6, August 8        
Back to our routine this morning until Kay let me know that she was having severe abdominal pain.  It woke her up at 5:30 but she didn’t let me know until 9:00.  I’m not a doctor and don’t play one on TV, but I have sat in on enough medical consultations in ministry and with my own body to know the drill.  I started taking a recent medical history.  She took her temperature—normal.  I charted the notes and called our doctor’s office.  A PA could see her at 1:45.  We charted a rise in Kay’s body temperature and began to think of the possibilities as the pain continued, 8 on a scale of 1-10.  Gall bladder came to the front remembering my own experience that led to surgical removal of mine a few years back. 

I ate leftovers from last night for lunch and then we went to Springfield to see the doctor.  He suspected gall bladder, pancreas, or an ulcer and ordered tests to sort them out.  White count was up in Kay’s blood.  Liver showed okay.  Ultrasound found nothing (neither did mime).  After an afternoon of testing and waiting for results, about 5 pm, a CT Scan was ordered.  With the required contrast, that was going to take about two hours.  When they took Kay back for that, I went to complete the list of errands, pick up Kay’s antibiotic and pain meds, and eat something for supper.  It was 7:30 pm when the on call doctor said over the phone to take two and call me in the morning.

We went back to Lake Eureka exhausted, Kay still in pain, but with Rusty relieved to be relieved from his kennel so he could be relieved.

Now, let’s work on THIS distraction being a blessing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home