7635papa

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Day 18


Day 18, August 20
After devotions and breakfast this morning, I took a walk around the Christmount grounds.  Near a children’s play area I saw a Great Blue Heron wading in a shallow pool in a mountain stream.  We share the space for a while.

Kay went back to the Ingles grocery store.  She loves browsing there.  It reminds me of a Whole Foods store I knew in Lexington, KY.  I can’t wait to visit the new one in Savannah.  Well, yes, I can wait.  I’m on sabbatical!  We are learning to wait.  Kay said this morning that she felt better than she has in a long time.  The fibromyalgia has been kicking her lately and the bout with diverticulitis did not help either.

Today, I read #GoingSocial.  It is a practical guide on social media for church leaders.  It was somewhat helpful, but not the best that I have read in the last two weeks.

I’m learning more about how to use features shared among my laptop, iPhone and iPad.  It is amazing what you can learn when you take the time to do it.

This evening, we went to White Horse in Black Mountain and listened to some free Celtic music played by locals.  We skipped open mic to stroll around some of the local shops, mostly closed.  We did manage to avoid the ice cream shop at least for today.

There are a few fireflies out as darkness falls.  They bring back memories for Kay and me.  We used to go out, catch them and put them into a jar.  I guess our parents released them after we fell asleep.

DB has more to say about cheap grace.  He points out that many have given up organized religion because cheap grace is no substitute for following Jesus.  But then that simply leads to the loss of knowledge of costly grace.  We have to understand grace and discipleship again in correct relationship to each other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home